Tuesday, August 30, 2011

When Life gives you a challenge what do u do with it?

Yesterday another test for maddie and her routine 2 year MRI but this time with general anesthesia. She did amazing I am so proud of her and how she was able to sit still the whole time that the EEG techs were putting probably about 30 Leads on her head with some awful smelly glue. The techs didn't need to strap her down like they usually do with children about the age of 3 years old. The Techs came in about 0530 this morning to remove all of the leads and glue off of her head, She did cry and scream for this one but not because it hurt but because it was cold. She also broke out with a rash from the certain tape that they used so that made it a little bit harder to get the heart lead off of her chest but we managed, And she got a stack full of stickers for being so good about it.

This was her first time overnight at the hospital and she did a good job on that also. Sometimes I wonder if she is just getting used to Doctor visits and how many specialists she's seen in her little 3 years of life.Child Life also came up to see her and see if she needed any toys, movies, coloring stuff she wanted toys so they brought her some toys and movies to watch and play. And when they came up the second time she wanted coloring pages and color crayons. The food was actually pretty good as well and not to expensive at all. Madisyn had room service so she could pretty much order anything off of this 10 page menu of nothing but kid friendly foods she didn't a whole lot of food for lunch she ordered mac and cheese, with fruit bowl, and veggies with ranch dressing, and for dinner she ordered a smuckers peanut butter and jelly sandwich with lays potato chips, apple juice and teddy grahams she ate all of the chips and half the sandwich. Her MRI this morning with the General Anesthesia went very well and a lot better than I had expected it to go. I have to say that I am highly impressed with how the Cincinnati Children s Hospital handles everything, we seem to have had nothing but the best care since moving here to Ohio and taking the kids to the Children's hospital. Madisyn went out with a breathing mask and smelly gas and then they gave her an IV with her anesthesia the nurse said that she did awesome. She woke up and wanted daddy no crying nothing. She drank her apple juice and ate her graham cracker and we were off to home. We find out her tests results at her doctors appt with her Neurologist which should be in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment