Sunday, February 19, 2012

Making Laundry soap

Update One of my Lo's has bedsheets and pajamas that reek of urine. I usually have to wash them 3 times with vinegar and laundry soap. I washed them in one load with this soap and no smell. I am super excited that I found something to get the urine smell out of his bedding and his clothes. I am very impressed and will probably do this for now on. And the best part it only took about 5 minutes to make it.

I have decided to try making our own laundry soap, it has taken us almost a year to get down to the last bottle of laundry soap that I had practicularly gotten for free by using coupons. So now onto the next experiment I really hope this works but I plan to do laundry tonight. So this is the perfect time to try something new. I hope that works. So here goes a shot at this.

So this is my breakdown of how much I spent on everything that I bought.
1- 3 pack ivory soap(free with coupons)
1- 55 oz box Arm and hammer super washing soda(3.00)
1- 76 oz box 20 mule team borax(4.69) (I know this is cheaper at walmart but they were completely out of it)
so for this I used
1 cup borax
1cup super washing soda
1 bar of soap grated with a cheese grater

mixed all of it together and then put 2 tablespoons in the wash. So far it has washed the clothes but theres no scent which is really odd for me. But I can live with it. So I think I need to try the fabric softener so I can get a smell to our clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment